Failure To Register

Los Angeles Failure To Register Attorney

Failure to Register as a Sex Offender Attorney

Los Angeles failure to register attorneyRegistration as a sex offender under the Sex Offender Registration Act is possibly one of the most devastating consequences of being convicted for a California sex crime. Registration potentially subjects you to public humiliation, possible physical assault, and difficulties in finding employment and housing. In effect, it makes you a social pariah.

Get Legal Help From Our Firm

If you or someone you know is facing a failure to register charge in California, it is highly advisable that you obtain the services of an experienced and skilled failure to register defense attorney. We strongly recommend that you contact a Los Angeles failure to register lawyer at our firm as soon as possible. Eisner & Gorin has successfully defended countless criminal cases throughout Los Angeles County. Applying our vast experience, our extensive understanding of criminal law, and our many legal resources, we will do everything possible to secure the most optimum case result possible.

Penalties for Failing to Register as a Sex Offender

California law requires that everyone who is required to register as a sex offender must update their information annually within five days of their birthday or a change of address. If you are under mandatory registration for a past sex crime conviction and you fail to register in California, you face the possibility of a probation violation. The penalties you may receive if you are convicted are up to one year in a county jail if your sex crime conviction was a misdemeanor or sixteen months up to three years in a California state prison if you were convicted of a felony.

Failure to register as a sex offender in California is known as a continuing offense. This means that each time you fail to register you are subject to the above penalties which could ultimately result in a long state prison term.

Are you facing a failure to register as a sex offender charge? Contact our firm for a case review today!